Opportunity and Hope
The Wisconsin Women's Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC) has provided quality business and financial education coupled with access to fair capital and financial products for more than 25 years. WWBIC’s impact is seen through the many entrepreneurs, business owners and individual whom we assist. Our work and support put your business dreams to work.
Every day we are inspired to improve the economic well-being of our fellow residents through business loans, classes, coaching and money management tools. While we care about everyone, we focus our efforts on women, low-income and people of color.
Since WWBIC was incorporated as a 501(c)3 in 1987, we have:
- Loaned $34.4 million to 3,500 business borrowers
- Helped entrepreneurs create and retain 8,000 jobs
- Assisted 50,000 clients
- Coached 133 individuals and families in purchasing their own homes through our IDA program
WWBIC’s First 25 years – a Timeline
Job Title: Business Owner
Since our inception, WWBIC’s mission has never wavered. We remain committed to providing:
- Quality Business Education
- Technical Business Assistance
- Access to Capital
Our purpose remains clear:
- Train, counsel, advise and mentor small and micro-businesses throughout Wisconsin.
- Promote economic development through individual personal and financial growth.
- Encourage and support self-employment as a means to self-sufficiency.
- Create, expand, and diversify business initiatives through technical assistance and the access to capital.
WWBIC is a CARS-rated CDFI
In 2013 WWBIC participated in CARS™, the CDFI Assessment and Rating System. This comprehensive, third-party analysis of community development financial institutions aids investors and donors in their investment decision-making.
To learn more about CARS™ or to purchase WWBIC’s rating, please visit here.