Good people know good people.
At WWBIC, we partner with our client businesses to help them recruit for open positions at their companies throughout Wisconsin. Please contact these businesses directly if you are interested in any of these positions.
Cream City Swirl Cafe (CCS) in Bay View has an immediate opening for permanent part-time assistant manager position.
CCS, a neighborhood friendly cafe serving self-serve soft-serve, crepes, gelato, soup beverage and more. We are committed to forming a great team that honors Cream City Swirl's mission and is dedicated to a successful business. Our team will be small so it if vital for us to find the perfect fit for this independent, fun, customer oriented business.
If you meet the following criteria please send resume, references, 1-2 letters of recommendation/reference (one must be from a food service position) with cover letter to: info@creamcityswirl.
- Personable, outgoing, friendly
- Reliable and dedicated
- Skills in leadership and supervising team members
- Willing to work hard and capable of handling fast-paced high pressure situations
- Motivated to fulfill all job responsibilities and go above and beyond
- Food/Restaurant/Cooking experience necessary experience necessary
- Works very well with individuals and takes initiative independently
- Excellent Communications skills
- Reliable transportation
- Dedicated to growing the CCS business
- Flexible and committed to longevity as the business grows
This position and is available to those who have had previous restaurant/food service. Should have some supervisory/management experience. Above average guest service skills are a must, as well as the ability to motivate others. Some office work is required and various operational tasks. Majority of your time will require you to work alongside our team, doing the same duties, as well as train and direct them as needed.
The primary responsibility of an Asst. Manager is to train and direct the work of the customer service team and proficiently handle customer service, product preparation, cleaning and maintenance duties. The Asst.Manager will be required to run the entire operation of the cafe (in full charge of cafe; cash handling; key holder).
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure High Quality Operation and following the mission of CCS. Maintain high service expectations. Ensure the best experience guests, guaranteeing that our employees work in a safe environment and are properly trained, have necessary equipment to do their jobs and promote a positive productive work environment.
- Provide support to management as needed on a limited basis, by handling certain aspects of management duties. Examples: Cash register readings, banking, paperwork, inventory, etc.
- Perform duties of opening and closing shifts.
- Manage Employees through recruitment and training, motivation, & coaching.
- Assure compliance with company policies, practices and procedures.
- Advocate a Team Environment by modeling & encouraging & high morale, high expectations, trust, fairness and motivation.
- Provide effective leadership.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
*Serv-Safe certification a plus.
*Additional job responsibilities include, cashiering, customer service, food prep, stocking, cleaning, light crepe cooking.
*Availability to work a FLEXIBLE schedule: nights, weekends, and/or holidays, occasional split shifts. Hours range from 28-40 hours per week depending on the operation and season.
*Wage is based on experience.
*This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 35 pounds, standing up and moving about in the cafe and kitchen, handling food objects, products and utensils, bending, stooping and kneeling.
*Additional prerequisites include a proven knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.(Word and Excel), familiarity with key social media applications is a plus. *Experience working with inventory, stocking, reports etc. is a positive.
The assistant manager(s) is key team member working along with the manager/owner and holds a significant amount of responsibility.