What We Care About
WWBIC is a leading innovative statewide economic development corporation that’s been “Putting Dreams to Work” since 1987.
We open the doors of opportunity by providing targeted individuals who are interested in starting, strengthening or expanding businesses with access to critical resources such as responsible financial products and quality business and financial education.
We focus on individuals who face barriers in accessing traditional financing or resources in pursuit of their dreams and economic well-being … in particular women, people of color, veterans and low-income individuals.
Every day we work hard to achieve our social goal of improving the economic well-being of individuals by advancing inclusive entrepreneurship and facilitating self-sufficiency strategies.
WWBIC is an equal opportunity provider.
Job Title: Business Owner
Since our inception, WWBIC’s mission has never wavered. We remain committed to providing:
- Quality Business Education
- Technical Business Assistance
- Access to Capital
Our purpose remains clear:
- Train, counsel, advise and mentor small and micro-businesses throughout Wisconsin.
- Promote economic development through individual personal and financial growth.
- Encourage and support self-employment as a means to self-sufficiency.
- Create, expand, and diversify business initiatives through technical assistance and the access to capital.
WWBIC is an Aeris-rated CDFI
Since 2012, WWBIC has been rated by Aeris, the nationally-recognized information service for community investors. Aeris provides comprehensive, third-party assessments of community development financial institution (CDFI) loan fund financial strength, performance, and impact.
In 2016, WWBIC was re-rated and demonstrated an improved performance in all categories. To learn more about Aeris or to purchase WWBIC’s rating, click here.