Black Business Boost
The Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC), in collaboration with the Housing Authority of the City of Milwaukee (HACM) is pleased to announce the launch of the BLACK BUSINESS BOOST.
This unique initiative will provide 100 black business owners and entrepreneurs in the greater Milwaukee area with access to key supportive services to start, strengthen or expand their business ventures. PNC Bank is a foundational partner.
This new fund will provide unique support and resources for black entrepreneurs and business owners. If your business could benefit from the following resources, this fund could be a great fit for you.
- Cost Coverage for Credit Recovery and Support
- Cost Coverage for Co-Working Space, Incubation Programs, Accelerators, etc.
- Equity and Loan Support, Including Technical Assistance
- Business Training and One-on-One Support
Black Business Boost is already making an impact! In the first quarter of 2022, it resulted in:
- 19 Credit Recovery Coaching referrals made to our program partner: Jackie Carter at the YWCA
- 11 “Start, Run, Grow Your Business” training participants – a $2,475 impact
- 7 Scale-Up MKE Participants: March cohort – $3,500 impact
- 1 Incubator Participant: Upstart Kitchen – $750 impact
- 51 Clients received an individual coaching session and individual training plan
After you apply, you’ll receive a confirmation email detailing next steps that include completing a Client Information Form and viewing the Black Business Boost Information Video. When those steps are completed, you’ll receive a follow-up email to complete a Business Assessment Tool to learn more about your business and support needs. You’ll also have the opportunity to book a coaching session to develop your individual training plan.
Questions? Contact Us!
Black Business Boost Coach