Milwaukee County Restart Grants Program
Located in Milwaukee County? WWBIC is here for you! The Milwaukee County Restart Grants Program is focused on existing businesses located in Milwaukee County looking for business financing during COVID-19.
• Maximum of $10,000
• Grants can be used for assistance with but not limited to; payroll; rent; utilities; inventory for reopen-ing; PPE for employees, clients or customers to safely reopen; or physical modifications of the space to align with COVID Guidance
• Business must be located in Milwaukee County. Businesses located in the City of Milwaukee, River Hills, West Allis or Wauwatosa are NOT ELIGIBLE
• Businesses cannot be a START-UP (less than 12 months) – must have been operating in 2020
• Businesses cannot be a non-profit business structure
• Business needs to be in good standing with State of WI
• Current on all local, state and federal taxes
• Business has not applied or received assistance through the Small Business Administration, Federal Emergency Management Program, or other federal government program.
• The business owner must meet the following criteria:
1. The business is a small business, with 20 full time equivalent or fewer jobs
2. The business owner’s or employees single household income is under 80% of the Milwaukee County Area Median; less than $47,250
• Tax returns no older than 2019
• DUNS Number
• Payroll expenses
• Application of benefits (listing all federal funds received)
• WWBIC Client Information Form and Employee Form
Please apply at bit.ly/mkecountyrestart. The application will be available on Friday, July 30th at noon. All applications will be reviewed in the order they are received (time stamped) and will be equitably considered. The application will remain open until 11:59 PM on Friday, August 6th.