Entrepreneur/Small Business Resources:
- Wondering where to start? We recommend these WWBIC classes for new entrepreneurs- check our class calendar for upcoming dates:
- What Can WWBIC Do For You?
- Exploring Entrepreneurship: Do You Have What It Takes?
- Start Smart: The Essential Business Plan (Milwaukee/Madison area) or Small Biz (Racine/Kenosha area)
- WWBIC Loan Process- A to Z
- New and existing entrepreneurs are encouraged to call your local WWBIC office to learn about resources that could help you!
- BizStarts Milwaukee
- Choose Milwaukee
- Kiva Milwaukee
- Local First Milwaukee
- Madison Region Economic Development Partnership
- Service Core of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- State of Wisconsin Business Services
- Wisconsin Angel Network
- Wisconsin Better Business Bureau
- Wisconsin Business Incubation Association
- Wisconsin Technology Council
- Wisconsin Women’s Network
- Counseling and Assistance (SBA)
- Disaster Assistance (SBA)
- Financial Literacy & Education Commission
- National Association of Women’s Business Owners
- Online Women’s Business Center
- US Census Bureau
- US Chamber of Commerce
- US Department of Labor
- US Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Women Impacting Public Policy
- Additional resources:
- Business Professional Women
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service
- Entrepreneur Magazine
- Free Credit Report
- Free Sample Business Plans
- Kauffman Foundation’s Entrepreneur Resource
- Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center
- Small Business Gathering Place
- Small Business Training Network (SBTN)
- The Business Owner’s Toolkit
- The Entrepreneur’s Source
- Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) information for small business owners:
- Business Plan Template (WWBIC)
- Cash Flow Template (WWBIC)
- Dunns # (Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp.)
- Draw Worksheet (WWBIC)
- Financial Flow Chart (WWBIC)
- Profit and Loss Template (WWBIC)
- Personal Financial Statement (WWBIC)
Personal Money Management Resources
- Wisconsin Saves
A statewide initiative devoted to promoting financial awareness and encouraging financial action among people of all economic levels.
- MoneySmart Milwaukee
Milwaukee area financial awareness workshops and a great online resource guide.
- Asset Builders of America, Inc.
Financial awareness programing throughout Wisconsin.
- GreenPath Debt Solutions
Online interactive tools and workshops.
- Milwaukee Public Library
Monthly listing of new library books and links on personal finance.
Various resources to get your budget going!
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Consumer information on building wealth, loans, credit cards and other financial matters.
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy
An online financial planning tool to help you better manage your money.
A free rewards program to help people save money and get out of debt.
- Your Money Your Goals
Resources from Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) for providers of financial capability services.
Additional Online Small Business Training and Resources
- The US Small Business Administration offers a number of online courses that can complement the services you receive from WWBIC. Topics include procurement, contracting, international trade, marketing and many others. Visit the links below for more infomration: