The City of Oshkosh Micro Enterprise Program
The Oshkosh Micro Enterprise Program is focused on existing micro enterprises located in the corporate limits of the City of Oshkosh that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is a forgivable loan program and qualified micro enterprises are eligible for a forgivable loan of up to $7,500. Funding can be used for assistance with, basic working capital for leasing space, insurance and/or utilities, and staff salaries.
Please download the appropriate fact sheet for your location to view income requirements for this opportunity. To view a detailed map of eligible locations, please click here.
How will this program work and who is eligible?
WWBIC will be handling the application and distribution of the loans, as well as follow up business coaching and mentorship opportunities. Funds will be targeted to for-profit, existing micro-enterprises located in the City of Oshkosh, where the business has five or fewer full-time equivalent employees, including the owner.
- Businesses must be in the City of Oshkosh.
- Businesses must be a Micro Enterprise.
- Business needs to be in good standing with State of WI and City of Oshkosh.
- Business must have a DUNS Number
- Business owner’s household income is under 80% of the County of Winnebago Median
- EXCLUDES home based businesses and residentially zoned property
- EXCLUDES new businesses started after February 1st, 2020
- Households Members 80% of County Median Income
What type of documentation is required?
Businesses must provide all documents to be considered for the forgiveable loan below:
- Oshkosh Micro Enterprise Program Application & Executive Summary
- Completed IRS-W (W-9 form)
- WWBIC Employee Information Forms to document employees at time of application
- CBDG LMI Owner Self-Certification form
- DUNS Number (free to obtain)
- Duplication of Benefits form
- WWBIC Client and Business Demographic Forms
- Supporting documents showing proof of negative business impact due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Ineligible Use of Funds
You may not use your loan for the following below items below:
- Reimburse expenses incurred prior to Feb 1, 2021
- Pay off non-business debt
- Purchase personal expenses
- Direct financing to political activities or paying off taxes and fines
- Purchase personal items, or support other businesses in which the borrower may have an interest
- No new business start up costs
When will the application be available?
The application will be available on Wednesday September 29th, 2021 at 8:00 AM. All applications will be reviewed in the order they are received (time stamped) and will be equitably considered. The application will remain open until 11:59 PM on Friday, October 8th, 2021
For additional information or questions about applying for The Oshkosh Micro Enterprise Program, please contact Colleen Bies, at email@example.com.
The application will be available on Wednesday September 29th, 2021 at 8:00 AM. All applications will be reviewed in the order they are received (time stamped) and will be equitably considered. The application will remain open until 11:59 PM on Friday October 8th, 2021.